Location: Abuja, Nigeria
Reports to: Communications Lead
Founded in 2012, Connected Development [CODE] is a non-government organization [NGO] whose mission is to empower marginalized communities in Africa. We strengthen local communities by creating platforms for dialogue, enabling informed debate, and building capacities of citizens on how to hold their government accountable through Follow The Money.
CODE provides marginalized and vulnerable communities with resources to amplify their voices with independence and integrity while providing the communities with information that ushers social and economic progress. To enhance effective democratic governance and accountability, CODE creates platforms [mobile and web technologies] that close the feedback loop between citizens and the government. With global expertise and reach, we focus on community outreach, influencing policies, practices, and knowledge mobilization.
CODE’s commitment to participatory capacity & community building and monitoring and evaluation creates effective and sustainable programs even within the most challenging environments.
2) Position Background
CODE is seeking for a qualified young candidate to fill the position of Creative Writer to conjure up new and interesting ideas and convey them to the audience in an engaging way.
The Candidate must be able to;
* Interview sources, including stakeholders of projects, to gain an in-depth understanding of our campaigns and solutions.
* Create, edit and revise corporate materials, in-house correspondence and technical documentation.
* Write engaging content for social media, as well as organization milestones and special events.
* Contribute articles to local and regional publications on a bi-monthly basis, on a variety of topics related to our sector, current events.
* Assist with script-writing for brief television and radio spots, supplying technical details and verifying that CODE’s values and systems are accurately represented
* Collaborate with other teams, including management, to ensure cohesive branding and public relations
* Consult on public relations projects, creation of marketing materials and product user guides
* He/She must have a vivid imagination and be able to handle criticism.
* He/She must be able to work independently and have the ability to promote themselves and their work.
* The role requires creativity, originality, determination, and discipline.
* Applicants must have at least 3 Years experience.