Founded in 2012, Connected Development [CODE] is a non-government organization [NGO] whose mission is to empower marginalized communities in Africa.
We strengthen local communities by creating platforms for dialogue, enabling informed debate, and building capacities of citizens on how to hold their government accountable through Follow The Money. CODE provides marginalized and vulnerable communities with resources to amplify their voices with independence and integrity while providing the communities with information that ushers social and economic progress.
To enhance effective democratic governance and accountability, CODE creates platforms [mobile and web technologies] that close the feedback loop between citizens and the government. With global expertise and reach, we focus on community outreach, influencing policies, practices, and knowledge mobilization. CODE’s commitment to participatory capacity & community building and monitoring and evaluation creates effective and sustainable programs even within the most challenging environments.
We envision a world where all people – even in the most remote areas of the globe – can hold their government accountable
To empower marginalized communities.
- Increase people’s access to information through whatever technological means they choose.
- Increase and share innovative approaches to information exchange through experimentation, research, and technology.
- Develop innovative platforms for coverage of social, environmental and governance issues.
- Increase the adoption and implementation of international development laws and policies.
Our Key Drivers
- Transparency and Accountability in Public Service
- Open Government Partnerships
- Public Funds must work for Public Good
- Partnerships and Collaborations
- Freedom of Information