Executive Assistant to the CEO
Location: Abuja, Nigeria
Reports to: The CEO
Department: Operations / Office of the CEO
Connected Development [CODE] is a non-governmental organisation that is providing marginalised communities in Africa with the resources to amplify their voices by creating platforms for dialogue, enabling informed debate, and building the capacity of citizens on how to hold their government accountable through Follow The Money.
About the CEO
Hamzat Lawal (Hamzy!) is an activist leading grassroots campaigns across 40 African countries informing decisions and policymaking as it affects the lives of poor rural people. He has built a solid reputation both nationally and internationally. Hamzy! is recognised amongst 100 most influential people in Africa, an Education Ambassador for the Malala Fund, and bags many awards for his grassroots work. He currently sits on many non-profit boards.
- Prepare minutes of meetings and represent the CEO or top management at meetings when necessary.
- Receive and responds to sensitive correspondence while also being a custodian of corporate documents and records
- Manage Board processes, meetings and provide logistics support to the CEO’s office.
- Plan scheduled activities with executives, key personnel and outside business contacts.
- Provide timeous feedback and maintain professional communication with all stakeholders of the Company.
- Prepare financial statements, reports, memos, invoices letters, and other documents.
- Conduct in-depth research and prepare documents for review and presentation by boards of directors, committees, and executives.
- Make travel arrangements for the CEO (locally & internationally).
- Perform office duties that include ordering supplies and managing a records database.
- Provide general administrative and virtual support.
- Contribute immensely towards media, digital and communication as part of advocacy development and also develop concept notes.
- Conduct in-depth research and draft talking points on issues that interest the CEO
- Design and produce communications and educational materials on media and communication for marketing CEO’s activities and campaigns for local and global audience.
- Contribute to brand values and manage CEO’s online reputation.
- Develops communications work plans for all CEO activities, campaigns and projects
- Support CEO in research, media and communications-related capacity building and ensuring that this is integrated in his diverse interest
- Create and proofread internal and external communication documentations before publishing on CEO’s platforms.
- Support CEO in disseminating communication materials to relevant stakeholders
- Support and inform monthly newsletters showcasing CEO’s activities as it relates to CODE’s objectives, periodic press releases, media/news reactions, briefing notes, backgrounders, features, media talking points, question and answer documents
- Draft and disseminate public relations materials that increase CEO’s visibility among online communities, donors, duty bearers and other stakeholders.
Qualifications and Experience:
- High skilled professional & very confidential with CEO’s tasks
- Proven experience as an executive assistant or other relevant administrative support experience.
- In-depth understanding of the entire MS Office suite.
- Ability to organize daily workload by priorities.
- Ability to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- A proactive approach to problem-solving with strong decision-making skills.
- Professional level verbal and written communication skills.
- At least 2 Years work experience in Communications field
- Strong writing and verbal communications
- Ability to clearly communicate complex messages to a variety of audiences
- Excellent communication, writing and editing skills in English
- Evidence of past work (including videos, scripts, blog posts, articles, etc)
- Experience developing and managing social media campaigns across channels such as Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, YouTube, and Instagram.
- Ability to meet tight deadlines and work under pressure
- Ability and willingness to travel when necessary with short notice.
- Team spirit
- Monitor CEO and user engagement and suggest content optimization.
- Degree in any field. An MSc degree would be an added advantage.
Salary and Benefits: Competitive
How to Apply: Send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Poorly addressed emails will be disqualified.
Application closes on August 26 2020.