- Clean Cookstoves Contract
- #WomenCookstoves - Minister of Environment
- Making the State Accountable
- The State of Climate Change Reportage in Nigeria
- Implementing the SDGs in an Accountable Manner
- Citizen empowerment: giving a voice to the voiceless
Follow The Money - #womencookstoves
Channels TV Report - #Womencookstoves contract
Interview with Minister of Environment on #womencookstoves
CODE's M&E expert Oludotun Babyemi discusses how Follow The Money empowers Local Communities at Stanford's CDDRL; 2015
CODE's Chief Executive, Hamzat Lawal gives insight on Media Coverage of Climate Matters in Nigeria
Team lead, Connected Development, Hamzy, shares insights on how #SDGimplementation can be done in a transparent and accountable manner
Dr. Loren Treisman, Executive at Indigo Trust explains how tech can empower local communities at ODI 2015
LATEST NEWS (AND) EVENTS
#WaterBachaka: Bachaka, Still a Shadow of itself in the hands of GGW AgencySequel to our past findings and reports on the challenges militating against the #WaterBachaka, Follow The Money (Bikudi) Team once again visited Bachaka community to engage the people on the progress so far and whether GGW Agency has eventually looked into the issue of inadequate provision of Water for the dry crops and...
Where Data Wranglers Meet: The School of Data Summer CampWhat makes Potsdam thick? The breathtaking castles; what about Ottawa? It’s War Museum and the Rideau Canal; and what about Ibiuna? Does it even sound familiar? So this year the School of Data annual summer camp moves to Ibiuna in Sao Paulo, Brazil. With a population of 76,432, the School of Data will...
Formed in 2010, Connected Development [CODE] is a non government organization [NGO] whose mission is to improve access to information and empower local communities in Africa. We strengthen local communities by creating platforms for dialogue, enabling informed debate, and building capacities of marginalized communities which ensured social and economic progress while promoting transparency and accountability.
At CODE, we:
- Ensure people’s access to information through various technologies.
- Share innovative approaches to information exchange through experimentation, research, and technology.
- Develop innovative platforms for coverage of social, environmental, and governance issues.
- Advance the adoption and implementation of international development laws and policies.
- Provide training and support to youth interested in engaging innovative ideas to improve the development index of their society.
CODE provides marginalized and vulnerable communities with resources to amplify their voices with independence and integrity, while providing the communities with information that ushers social and economic progress.