- Clean Cookstoves Contract
- #WomenCookstoves - Minister of Environment
- Making the State Accountable
- The State of Climate Change Reportage in Nigeria
- Implementing the SDGs in an Accountable Manner
- Citizen empowerment: giving a voice to the voiceless
Follow The Money - #womencookstoves
Channels TV Report - #Womencookstoves contract
Interview with Minister of Environment on #womencookstoves
CODE's M&E expert Oludotun Babyemi discusses how Follow The Money empowers Local Communities at Stanford's CDDRL; 2015
CODE's Chief Executive, Hamzat Lawal gives insight on Media Coverage of Climate Matters in Nigeria
Team lead, Connected Development, Hamzy, shares insights on how #SDGimplementation can be done in a transparent and accountable manner
Dr. Loren Treisman, Executive at Indigo Trust explains how tech can empower local communities at ODI 2015
LATEST NEWS (AND) EVENTS
How CODE Grew to Become a Voice for Local CommunitiesThis post was written by Tyo Faeren Jennifer, a Mass Communication Student of the Benue State University, during her Student Industrial Work Experience Scheme (SIWES) with CODE Connected Development [CODE] a non-governmental organization [NGO], headquartered in Abuja and formed in 2010, has empowered 9 local communities in Africa through its Transparency and...
[PRESS RELEASE] CODE Launch Tracking Tool during First Stakeholders Roundtable on the Implementation of Great Green Wall to Foster AccountabilityThe Follow The Money team intends to use the tool to inform policy decisions while capturing voices from the beneficiaries in rural communities in 11 northern states [Abuja, 22 March 2016] – At the first ever stakeholders meeting on the implementation of the Great Green Wall project, CODE launched a geo-reference tracking system...
Formed in 2010, Connected Development [CODE] is a non government organization [NGO] whose mission is to improve access to information and empower local communities in Africa. We strengthen local communities by creating platforms for dialogue, enabling informed debate, and building capacities of marginalized communities which ensured social and economic progress while promoting transparency and accountability.
At CODE, we:
- Ensure people’s access to information through various technologies.
- Share innovative approaches to information exchange through experimentation, research, and technology.
- Develop innovative platforms for coverage of social, environmental, and governance issues.
- Advance the adoption and implementation of international development laws and policies.
- Provide training and support to youth interested in engaging innovative ideas to improve the development index of their society.
CODE provides marginalized and vulnerable communities with resources to amplify their voices with independence and integrity, while providing the communities with information that ushers social and economic progress.