As organization grow, we seems to get some things out of place unintentionally; one of which is an email. As someone who send email a lot, I realised, sometimes when I want to send an email broadcast to the whole team – I was usually leaving out some team members unintentionally.
And this has caused me a lot of concern as teammates who are supposed to get an email does not receive one which might eventually lead to unintended consequences.
Thinking of how to mitigate such happenings, I started thinking of how to create an email list serve that will be for some team according to their group names.
One of such team is the Management Team, CODERs (which is a list of all staffs of CODE asides Community Champions and Community Park employee), Chapter Lead and others.
To create the Management Team email Listserve, I followed the following steps;
- Look at the top left corner of the organization email, there is Mail text with a down arrow. Click on it
- Pick the Contacts menu and it will automatically show you your contact list.
- By the left menu, find “New Group” and click on it to create a new group
- Since I am creating a management email listserve, I will name my group “Management”, you can name yours according to the team name or group name.
- Click on “OK” once you are done and find your newly created group by the left menu options, mine is “Management”
- Click on your newly created group (mine is Management)and it will show you that there is no contacts in the group.
- Click on the icon with a + button under the search bar and enter all the contacts you want to add and click on add once you are done.
- Once you are done, look at the top left corner and navigate back to email menu
With this step, we just created a “management” email listserve and to use the newly created group whenever you want to send a group email to the group, all you have to do is to write “management” on the To menu and you can automatically select the group.
With this, I know the next time I want to send an email to the management email, all I have to do is go to compose email button and enter the group name to select it.
Now I can send email to my groups without having to enter all emails one after the other – I just become a email Ninja.
Although there are some other ways to do this, but by far – this is the most simplest of all the options available.
How has this help to save your time? Do not hesitate to let me know.
Dear Honourable Minister, I wish to use this medium to congratulate you on your appointment as the Deputy Secretary-General of...