Tracking of the GGW project in Dutse the State Capital of jigawa
The team reached Jeke community and met with Jeke ward heads in his compound together with some of Jeke Community Families
However, things have change compared to the last visit by the team to Jeke community. Although the community is demanding the Wind Mill be converted to solar owing to the fact that Wind only blows in season and not on a daily.
They also urged the concerning bodies to look over some certain issues which some haven mentioned by the ward head and community group of Jeke District Development Association.
Interactive Section between CODE and Jeke community
YAHAYA HUSSANI (JEKE DISTRICT HEAD SAID)
GGW is one of the must important national projects that Jeke district ever benefited from in history, due to its Environmental protection methods’ on Agriculture and Clean Water Aiding to our Community, but I will like to remind the concerning bodies that; Still this project have some certain challenges ware I hope GGW will put this challenges in to serious considerations for the success and sustaining the GGW project, which are:-
- Compensations of the farmlands, Still the landlords of the farm Land are waiting for the Compensations, nothing have been given to them and raining Season have stated in the area. They are telling us that they must plant their farms because they still haven’t earn the farmland compensations’ and the working is moving so slowly.
- Vegetable session is not complete, some of the water pipes have been laid in the farm land and nothing is going on the the last two years until now.
- Terminations of the forest guard Assignment, All the forest guards Assignments of GGW project in Jeke have been terminated by the responsible bodies.
WHAT WE WANT FROM RESPONSIBLE BODIES OF GGW PROJECT IN JEKE ?
Our must importantly needed on this projects are:-
- To achieve the desired goals of this project and to benefits from.
- To settle and compensate the farm landlords for the successful implementations of the project.
- To re-employ the forest guards or to renew the previous offers in order to sustain the project and to achieve better results.
- To complete the uncompleted session of the project more especially a vegetables session in other to achieve the project goals and to benefits from the vegetable session of the project.
NEW DEVELOPMENT COMPARED TO THE CODE PREVIOUS VISIT
In recent times, water problems have reduced due to the rotation of wind turbine of GGW water project, consider to the act that the raining season wind is now available in the area and many people are fetching water, our animals watered from and must of our water problems are solved through GGW water project, but I will like to remind you that when there is no wind in the area means no water, because wind turbine can stop rotating for up to two weeks, we need GGW to provide another alternative of water source in Jeke.
Presently we have nine hand pumps in Jeke but only two are working, we also have one MDGs overhead tank which has its own issues, so presently we are managing the MDGs water source and GGW water project due to the wind condition (availability of wind and rotation of wind turbine) Jeke’s main water source is GGW water plan, and we hope GGW Authority will look over our needs concerning project in Jeke and take all the serious/necessary action on all what they hear from Jeke community.
Muhammad Hussaini (chairman Jeke District Development Association)
Honestly speaking, things have stated moving but very slowly, I will like to add more on what our district head have just said, concerning the organization roles in the in a view of sustaining the project we will like to put more concern about the promises that have been made to the organization concerning GGW project so as to uplift the development of the project as well as Jeke community.
Having said that, water is very essential in our everyday life. And this community are still very hopeful that more wind mills are provided to them by the government, not just more but be converted to solar.
Corruption is more predominant in Sub-Saharan Africa, mainly because, weak institutions cannot implement the required checks...