Impact Assessment: Tracking N569M UBE Spending in Kaduna State
In an effort to address the increasing number of out-of-school children in Nigeria and poor citizen’s participation in government spending, Follow The Money (FTM), recently completed the 3-year project, of Tracking UBE Spending in Kaduna State. FTM ensured that 569 million naira Universal Basic Education funds earmarked for the construction and rehabilitation of facilities in 23 basic schools in Kaduna State was effectively expended. The initiative also enhanced open government in basic education spending.
The project which was supported by the John D and Catherine T. MacArthur Foundation under its ON Nigeria project, monitored the implementation of school projects in Kudan, Kajuru, Zangon Kataf and Jema’a Local Government Areas (LGA) of the State, and strengthened the capacity of School Monitoring Teams (SMTs) to effectively provide oversight on basic education spending in the state.
- Tracked NGN 569,579,737.83 (USD 1.5 million)
- Strengthened the capacity of school monitoring agents
- Monitored project implementation across 23 schools in 20 communities.
- Presented the needs assessment report conducted for 609 schools in Kaduna to the Acting Governor of Kaduna, Dr. Balarabe.Channeled project implementation reports to Kaduna SUBEB (Kad-SUBEB) for redressal.
- Enhanced citizens’ engagement in basic education spending
- Over 200,000 lives impacted and 1.4 million media reach.
Click here to download the full report.Tracking-UBE-Spending-in-Kaduna
It’s the 3rd year in a row of the Connected Development ’s Open Data Party, and truly, I feel we can do more and...