Location: Abuja, Nigeria
Reports to: Finance Director
Connected Development [CODE] is a non-government organization [NGO] whose mission is to empower marginalized communities in Africa.
Since 2012, we have strengthened local communities by creating platforms for dialogue, enabling informed debate, and building capacities of citizens on how to hold their government accountable through Follow The Money. CODE provides marginalized and vulnerable communities with resources to amplify their voices with independence and integrity while providing the communities with information that ushers social and economic progress.
We are looking for a crucial member of the Finance team with good communication skills, and who has a keen interest to gain experience and assist in bringing CODE’s vision to implementation.
- Minimum of a Degree in Finance, Accounting or other related courses; ICAN or ACCA is a plus
- 5-7 years experience in accounting and/ or financial analysis
- Ability to synergize large data into Reports or actionable information
- Knowledge of financial reporting tools
- Strong demonstrated use of google docs, sheets etc.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively with Management and high level partners or donors.
- Decision making, business management and analytical skills.
- Experience with NGOs, CSOs
- Honesty, hard work ethics, and reliability.
- An ability to work flexibly across multiple projects and tasks.
- Great attention to detail, highly organized.
- Monitor the day-to-day financial operations within the company (payroll, invoicing, and other transactions)
- Prepare monthly and quarterly management reporting
- Participate in strategic data analysis, research, and modeling for Management
- Support project analysis, validation of plans, and ad-hoc requests
- Manage the CODE’s financial accounting, monitoring, and reporting systems
- Ensure compliance with accounting policies and regulatory requirements
- Co-leading and supervise daily transactions into the Accounting System
- Co-leading the preparation of all project budget proposals and overall Annual Budget
- Co-leading the preparation of monthly cash flow statement and Forecast and Variance Report
- Review and Supervise Cash Management
- Any other duties as may be assigned by the Finance Director
Method of Application:
Send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
DEADLINE: Dec 31, 2021