DEADLINE: 13th June 2022
State Civil Engineer
Locations: Borno, Ekiti, Kaduna, Kano, Katsina, Kebbi, Plateau States.
Reports to: Project Lead
Connected Development [CODE] is a non-government organization [NGO] whose mission is to empower marginalized communities in Africa.
We strengthen local communities by creating platforms for dialogue, enabling informed debate, and building capacities of citizens on how to hold their government accountable through Follow The Money. CODE provides marginalized and vulnerable communities with resources to amplify their voices with independence and integrity while providing the communities with information that ushers social and economic progress.
To enhance effective democratic governance and accountability, CODE creates platforms [mobile and web technologies] that close the feedback loop between citizens and the government. With global expertise and reach, we focus on community outreach, influencing policies, practices, and knowledge mobilization.
One of the projects to be implemented to achieve this goal is the AGILE (Adolescent Girls Initiative for Learning and Empowerment) project. The Adolescent Girls Initiative for Learning and Empowerment (AGILE) Project was developed by the Federal Ministry of Education in collaboration with the World Bank as part of the Government’s long-term education reform agenda, to adequately address the identified constraints of accessing and completing secondary education facing adolescent girls in Nigeria.
AGILE consists of three distinct but complementary components. These are:
(1) Creating Safe and accessible learning spaces
(2) Fostering an enabling environment for girls) and
(3) Project management and system strengthening components.
CODE is calling for a civil engineer for the AGILE Project who will join the team to carry out the following responsibilities:
– Measure outputs and outcomes using available data and by undertaking interviews and field assessments where necessary;
– Support the Project lead to prepare/update their system of tracking and reporting against their agreed performance indicators;
– Support AGILE to implement agreed institutional strengthening and personnel capacity building projects related to performance monitoring;
– Work closely with the engineers supporting capacity development of AGILE team .
– Track progress of AGILE project interventions and report in progress monthly;
– Collect data, analyze, and present data on outputs, outcomes, and impact of AGILE project in all localities;
– Support the project manager on project compliance, monitoring and reporting.
– Support the development of a monitoring plan
– Assist in providing training and technology transfer to national personnel
– Represent CODE in project implementation activities in the State, as directed by the Project Manager and the Senior Engineer to ensure that AGILE procedures and the standards adhere to all project implementation activities.
– Ensure regular supervision of the monitoring plan progress and quality for on time delivery
– Provide data and information about project to the PM for reporting purposes.
– Degree in Civil Engineering or related disciplines.
– Minimum 2 years’ experience
– Previous experience in monitoring project performance would be preferred.
– Experience in preparing reports on project progress is desirable.
– Strong in communication skill and speaks the local language fluently.
– A team player.
Method of Application:
Interested candidates should fill the form provided below. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Women are strongly advised to apply.